Western Upper Peninsula Science Fair and STEM Festival
21st Annual Fair
Tuesday, March 19th, 2019
Michigan Technological University, Houghton, Michigan
Serving students in grades 4-8 who live in or attend school in: Baraga, Keweenaw, Gogebic, Houghton, and Ontonagon Counties
Click here to learn more from our Spring 2019 Press Release
Click here for 2019 individual award winning project results!
Click here for 2019 group award winning project results!
Click here for a list of all 2019 Science Fair participants!
Click here for a photo gallery of the 2019 Science Fair and STEM Festival (coming soon)
Join us to celebrate science and improve science literacy with students as they share their research projects and investigations.
5-6 p.m. Science Fair open to the public with Judging of projects from 6-8:30 p.m. in the MUB Ballroom.
Exciting activities are located in the for all participants and family members. Science fair participants can participate in the festival before or after their interview period.
4:30-7:30 p.m. – Science and Engineering Festival in MUB Commons
Science Fair Exhibit at the Carnegie Museum
The Carnegie Museum in Houghton will setting up a special exhibit of the best projects of the 2019 Western UP Science Fair to recognize time and effort put into award winning projects. The Carnegie Museum is located on the corner of Huron & Montezuma Streets in downtown Houghton.
April 1 – 13, 2019 – Exhibit of Winning Projects
April 13, 2019 from 2:30 to 4:00 – Closing Reception
Thank You Volunteers!
The science fair and STEM festival are not possible without all of our volunteers.
Thank you collaborator and sponsors
The Western UP Science Fair and STEM Festival is a collaborative effort of:
- Western U.P. STEM Network
- Michigan Tech Center for Science and Educational Outreach
- Michigan Tech Chapter of Omega Chi Epsilon Chemical Engineering Honor Society
- Carnegie Museum
Made possible by sponsorship of following Michigan Tech Departments and organizations:
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Department of Mechanical Engineering – Engineering Mechanics
- Department of Social Sciences
- Earth, Planetary, and Space Sciences Institute
- Ecosystem Science Center
- Great Lakes Research Center
- Pavlis Honors College
- School of Forest Resources and Environmental Science
- School of Technology
- Sustainable Futures Institute
- Department of Kinesiology and Integrative Physiology
- Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Transportation Institute
- Office of the Provost
- Western U.P. Center for Science, Mathematics and Environmental Education